To serve veterans and the active military in procuring their earned entitlements, to promote Americanism and preserve the freedoms secured by America’s Armed Forces and to provide community services that enhance the quality of life for all Americans.
As AMVETS moves further into the 21st century, it does so with the conviction that it must continue serving all veterans, past, present and future. AMVETS believes its Mission remains a clear blueprint for continued service to God and country.
AMVETS has been proudly serving American veterans for more than half a century. Founded by World War II veterans, the organization has grown to where, today, its membership enrolls veterans from all areas, Anyone who has honorably served in the United States Armed Forces after Sept. 15, 1940, to include those on active duty as well as in the Reserve Components. The purpose and goals of AMVETS, as spelled out in the organization’s 1947 congressional charter, still ring true today.
Among these aims are:
- To preserve for ourselves and our posterity the great and basic truths and enduring principles upon which this nation was founded.
- To maintain a continuing interest in the welfare and rehabilitation of disabled veterans and to establish facilities for the assistance of all veterans, to represent them in their claims before VA and other organizations.
- To dedicate ourselves to the service and best interests of the community, state and nation to the end that our country shall be and remain forever a strong and free nation.
- To encourage universal exercise of the voting franchise to the end that there shall be elected and maintained in public office men and women who hold such office as a public trust administered in the best interests of all people.
- To advocate the development and means by which all Americans may become enlightened and informed citizens and this participate fully in the functions of democracy.
Help us Help others!
Make a donation through Paypal.
100% of all donations are tax deductible. Our organization runs 100% by volunteers allowing your donation to fully benefit our veterans, service members and ROTC/JROTC cadets.
AMVETS Charities, Inc. participates in the Combined Federal Campaign through the Military, Veterans and Patriotic Services Organizations of America federation. Our Combined Federal number is 10519.
Of the 50,000 + charities that participate in the CFC, only about 1500 – the members of Independent Charities of America and Local Independent Charities of America – will have the opportunity to display the “Best In America” seal of approval. AMVETS Charities, Inc. is proud to be one of those chosen few. This seal of approval is a service mark of Independent Charities of America and is used under license. AMVETS NSF is responsible for the content of any materials in which the Service Mark is used.